Saturday, February 17, 2007

An Inconvient Sleep

Wow. That's all I have to say about yesterday. My exhaustion has set in full force.

I need to add this to my "100 going on 280" list... but I go through whacked-out sleep phases. There are times when I can't sleep at all, total insomnia. Will go a week or two (or three) only sleeping an hour or two a night. Then there are times (often another week or two or three) when I can't get enough sleep. Right now I'm in the latter category. Perhaps this crap winter weather is to blame. Perhaps stress is the culprit. Who knows.

I went to a comedy show last night that made me laugh only a couple of times. There were moments that I asked myself "Self, do you need to close your eyes for a few moments?" To which the answer was an overwhelming "YES", but it was not socially acceptable. It was not like me. I didn't like that me. I wanted to punch that me in the throat. However, I had already punched myself in the eye, and fallen in the street twice already. Self wanted no more bodily harm.

Talked to Kate on the freezing 68 mile walk back to my frozen car. She asked me to go to FB's and various people in the background wanted me there too. So I did. It was good to see some of the people that I didn't realize I missed so much. Yay for Steph, Dino, Rollie, Hampton Ryan, Dennis, and Jeff! And obviously Kate too.

Eventually I got home. Freezing. Wore 87 layers of clothing to bed.

Yay for almost vacation!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I have the exact same problem when it comes to sleeping. Some weeks, I'm like a walking zombie; I don't sleep for more than a couple hours a night. Other weeks (like this past one), I physically can't get out of bed. In fact, I pretty much slept my Friday night away yesterday. Which, whatever: that's how I roll.

stilettoheights said...

Just think of yourself as narcoleptic chic....it's all the rage with us insomniac napping hipsters...

right?