Friday, February 16, 2007

Post-Valentine's Day Valentine

So last night I was babysitting the Kittery family. They have three boys. One 5 year old (B), and twin 2 1/2 year olds (R&L). The Mom was asking me about how Valentine's Day works at my school, and how my V-Day was. I told her that the snow day we had on V-Day was the best possible Valentine I could have ever gotten. I also told her that this was my 11th consecutive Valentine's Day sans Valentine. Her jaw dropped to the floor. She said "Well, you'll find SOMEONE", (gee, thanks...) and then she corrected herself and said "Well I guess there aren't really any nice guys left out there..." To which B replied "Um... Mom... There's a nice, little guy sitting right here..." ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! He also greeted me when I arrived by running to my car, shouting "YAY!!! MICHELLE!!!" and gave me a huge hug. Love it.

Today is V-Day in my classroom. I've got to get to school pretty soon to make envelopes for the kiddos. We're studying our town's history, so we're doing our V-Day party with homemade colonial foods! The kids are PUMPED.

Best news... 6 school days til vacation! In exactly one week I'll be doing QUITE the happy dance!! :)

Happy Friday!
Don't forget those random acts of kindness!!!!

3 comments:

stilettoheights said...

that is too cute about the little boy, adorable...

don't be worried about not having a valentine, it will happen....

plus I have a valentine and that just opens up a whole bunch of other nonsense like "when are you getting married" "whay have you not set a date" will you have kids"

blah, and blah, and blah...

oh, I mailed your package yesterday!

Aaron said...

February vacation: I am so jealous. I knew I should have gone into teaching.

Michelle said...

Jenn... I can't WAIT for my pretty, pretty stuff! I have no idea how I'll decide which necklace I'll wear first.

I might have to try on the ones that are gifts. Just to make sure they fit....
(sorry, BAD inside joke there..)

AA-Ron... Do you know how many hours I work in a week? Do you know how much I work over the summer without pay? I'm going to be working over vacation. Want to help me? I'll give you a fun job. Maybe like correcting, or cutting stuff out.